Photo Credit: vivekchugh, www.sxc.hu

Most of the time, it is achy to wake up early to do the work that will usher you to your dreams. You’re so enthused the night before, telling yourself that you can do it and you’ll never be the same again. But when your alarm ring in the morning, doubts and negativity bombards you. “Can I really do this stuff? Can I really be a _________?”

Yes. Always, with honest effort. The effort you do even your feelings are unwilling to cooperate. The effort you do even you’re shaking in fear. The extra mile you take even the finish line is far from the horizon and your lungs are crying in exhaustion. When this mindset becomes your habit, you’re almost unstoppable and that’s when real progress begins.

Anyone can be motivated by a burning motivational speaker or cry over an inspiring quote. But what really matters are what you do when the real thing is in your face. Walking your talk is the only meter. Few are willing to do this, others are just happy to be average. Talk is cheap; doing the work is the real work. Kill the laziness that corrupts millions of people. Don’t over analyze. Just do it.

Everybody wants to be awesome overnight. We want to wake up the next day flooded with skills, accolades, and adoring fans. But it won’t come if you’re stuck in dreaming, you must engage in doing overnight labors for years to hone your skills to the level of the elite. Sorry, there’s no shortcut. If you don’t want it bad enough, then get the t-shirt of mediocrity.

I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I'm like, 'My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don't have it. I just want to chill.' We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it.

-Kobe Bryant

See also:

0 comments:

Post a Comment